Thursday, January 20, 2011

in wonderland

Alice in Wonderland Remix from cyborghippie on Vimeo.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to tell you that I've read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, original versions, completely through AND they are nothing like the movies, I tell you. For one, they were not creepy and dark like I was thinking they would be. I think it's the Disney animation that makes Alice in Wonderland so weird, because in my head Wonderland did not look like the Disney version, and it was much less creepy. And, just so you know, the Mad Hatter is not that great, and not that mad. The whole walrus thing with the oysters isn't that bad. You don't even really know that they ate all the oysters until the end of the poem. annd, the Cheshire Cat is harmless, and not scary. 

It was kind of disappointing. The whole thing (to me) read like a story a child is spontaneously telling you. (No offense to Mr. Carroll, it was still a nice read.) But, you know. I think Alice in Wonderland got a little out of proportion to what it actually is. I still enjoyed it quite a bit (I liked Alice in Wonderland better than The Looking Glass), but you know, for all the hype I was expecting something else. 

Moral of the story: Books are to be trusted, most movies are not. 

Read the Printed Word!

That is my 2¢
XO ROSIE

No comments: