Saturday, January 29, 2011

true grit. (slight post edit.)

I've been thinking about this ever since I watched the commercial for True Grit in my illness delirium over Christmas break. Actually it's been a long time coming, seeing as I have plenty of memories of listening to John Denver and my mother's linen dresses, etc, from my childhood that probably contributed to an inclination towards such folksy bohemian yet romantic things. In fact, when I was talking to my mama about how much I like these things and want long dresses etc, do you know what she said? She said "I've loved this stuff all along!" meaning, we turned a little glamorous for a while, but we're returning to our roots thank you very much.

I wanna be a cowgirl/hippie/free people kind o' gal, and wear long dresses and boots/long braids/no make-ups, and live in the desert and go on road trips all around the west! And it will be FUN!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(is this not the best thing you've ever laid eyes upon? ah, ralph lauren.)
Photobucket
Photobucket

Ah yes. I will listen to folksy little tunes, and learn how to play the banjo (bahaha.) and drive my little car (that  I don't have yet,) all around Southern Utah, and we'll all go camping sometimes, but mostly just hike all through the red cliffs, and I'll still be wearing my long dresses and boots even in the mountains. And we'll let the sun kiss our faces, and the landscapes consume us. 

As you can see, It's going to be really fun. When I'm a cowgirl/hippie/free people kind o' gal, and wear long dresses and boots/long braids/live in the desert.

I'm really feeling it.
XO ROSIE

No comments: