Saturday, March 31, 2012

the circus arrives without warning.

it's book review time!!

I haven't done one of these in a long time, and let me tell you, I'm glad I have a book to recommend because the other reading I've done for my english class this year was a whole lot of depressing and non-enjoyment, and the only thing that kept me sane and nightmare-less while slaving through the pages of As I Lay Dying and The Road, was this...

THE NIGHT CIRCUS
by Erin Morgenstern


The Night Circus is beautiful. Let's put it that way. I have personally always enjoyed writing that takes time to describe what people are wearing (because that's the most interesting part about anything, right?) and The Night Circus not only takes time to describe what people are wearing, but it takes the time to describe everything from scents to costumes to the patchwork that is a little red head girl's dress. (Oh, we're back to what people are wearing.) The imagery is just so enchanting. Also a major plus in my aesthetically-critical point of view, was the fantastic graphic design throughout the book. I mean, I was hooked at first stripes, aren't you?

I even instagrammed them, folks.

So my dears, if you want your senses overloaded through the pages of a book, this is the one to choose. And the story is pretty good too. There's a plus.

XO Rosie

PS: If anyone has an awesome in with the folks making the movie, 
I couldn't describe to you how much I would be dead to be an extra in that production. 
I think it just might fill the void of my not being a Harry Potter extra... maybe.

No, actually, it certainly would.
the end.

PSS: but wait! last thing: this is what I imagine the circus would feel like, 
only a lot fancier and a lot more black and white.

source
don't you want to read a book like that!?
alright, now it's the end.

1 comment:

debsfreckles said...

I am in the middle of this book and I have to say you would make a perfect Poppet.