Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sixteen going on Seventeen

If you didn't already know, it's my birthday.

All I wished for was a macaroon stack with a sparkler in it...



And these green jeans and some round sunglasses.

Instead, I ended up blaming my almost excessive H&M loot on my birthday and ended up with a pair of round sunglasses, but not the green jeans because my little brother got a pair of those instead (jealous.)
The bakery wasn't answering the phone so tomorrow my mom and I are going to embark on the mission of making our own macaroons. We will probably end up buying some cherry chip cake mix like I've done for all my life leading up to this.

I'm feeling glum because I have hardly any inklings of excitement for my birthday this year. I think it's because I'm 90% exhausted from our vacation this week, and because I ruined my birthday present surprise by finding the box last month. Let me tell you, it's been a while since I've gotten a real birthday surprise (besides my bike.)

I miss last years birthday.
XO ROSIE

{macaroon stack inspiration from here}

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Dear Rosie, I hope you birthday was special and that you had a sweet day. Your birthday from last year does look truly bliss. But I do hope this year had some moments of magic within it too. And if not, I am sure your 17th year will be filled with it.Love <3